Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Tryst with FAILURE

I still remember the joy of getting a job in one of the biggest brands of the world after completing my MBA. I could visualize a picture perfect career and a picture perfect life. Staying and working in a city like Pune, that too in such a big company was a dream come true for me. 3rd July 2006 was the D-Day for me, when I took those baby steps inside the organization to build a strong foundation for my career.Right from the first day, I knew where I had to go and once I reach, nothing can deter me to stop and achieve success.

Right from day one, I put my blood and soul to my work, took initiatives for the team which perhaps no one would have taken in that team before, took part in major organizational initiatives, yes, I was one of those few people who managed to maintain good relations with all the BU Heads and even with the CEO of the company, constantly giving my feedback and involving myself in those initiatives. 1 year passed and because of my good work and my relations with the BU Heads and most of the senior managers, I was nearing to my goal, joining the most prestigious group of the organization. Yes, even the BU Head showed interest to hire me because he could see potentital in me to make it big. After nearly 1.5 years, my manager came to know about it that the BU Head of the other group is interested to take me in his team and by then, I could see the fruit of my hard work.

But things were not so simple as I thought. My manager probably had other things in his mind. My transition process to the other group started. I was introduced to the client, briefed on my roll, my VISA process started for UK Travel for 6 months and the joining date was given to me (14th August 2007). I was so happy seeing my dreams coming true. I was on the seventh heaven, feeling ecstatic of my success. The day I was about to shift to the group, my manager wrote a mail with just one line to the BU Head “Since the day, Ashutosh have heard that he is shifting to the other group, he has stopped working for my team and taking initiatives” which was so untrue. A team for which I had given my blood and soul, made sure to achieve more than 100% customer satisfaction, how could my manager do this to me?? Suddenly, my process got stopped. Things went haywire. Suddenly, I was so helpless, all my career dreams got shattered, I was in the midst of nowhere. I was stranded alone on a journey which had no destination. The FAILURE was so deep that till now, it has left ugly scars on my career. Yes, it was a humiliation for me, a defeat to my hard work and confidence. I had no option but left the organization after 2 months. Since then, I am leading a nomadic life in search of success, but everytime I had a rendezvous with failure. After leaving job, I went to Mumbai, joined a very small firm, but then I was asked to leave after 5 months. I was one of those first victims of world recession.

And, then I again shifted to Pune to work for a mid sized organization, but then, my destiny seems not to favour me, since it was a major automobile and manufacturing concern and things were not so good in the Automotive and Manufacturing scenario, I again had to leave Pune and finally I am here in Chennai. I still don’t know where am I heading, but sometimes I feel, had I got a chance to work for my dream group in my first organization, things would have been so good. Like every other young guy who join their first organization with aspirations in their mind and see it getting successful, I was not one of them.

Last 4 years, I am roaming, here and there with a hope to meet success someday. But, failures seems to be a part and parcel of my life. A nightmare which never seems to end, haunts me till now and perhaps, will continue to haunt till I die. This is one failure which I can never wipe it off from my life!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

firstly..
never give up.. cos u dont lose the day you lose.. you lose the day you give up...
second..
be optimistic.. this world has enuff pessimism and cynics galore.. we dont need another one not you in the least... a wise one once said.. dream away.. dreaming is not bad.. cos its just a step closer to reality.. so to get to where you want dream away my friend.. sote jaagte uth the baiththe concentrate and dream and think about wat u want and thou shal achieve it..
sigh..!! bahut philosophy jhaad di :(
aaj ke liye bas... take care keep smiling.. PIP PIP