Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Eyes that YEARN(Nayan Tarse)-Story-Part 3

The first time Trishna sees Tuhin, all her anger just melts. She sees the ever charming smiling face of Tuhin holding his ears, sitting on his bike. The chocolate boy Tuhin surely knows how to impress girls. Tuhin gets down from his bike and approach Trishna.

Tuhin: Yaar, galti ho gayi (Sorry, I made a mistake), it’s pouring heavily and the roads are water-clogged. You can hardly see anything. Even, someone splashed mud on me and I made the same mistake with you.
Trishna: It’s ok, I understand
Tuhin: No, No…I have made a mistake and there is a punishment for every mistake. Let me give you a coffee treat in the canteen, anyway, it’s raining and I think a coffee is the best way to start a conversation, you know, today is my first day in the college, and you are the first person I am meeting and see how we meet….
Trishna: Hold on!! My god, you speak so much…
Tuhin: Yeah, I make a lot of nonsense sometimes, but I will keep my mouth shut and you sit on my bike..
Trishna: And, what made you think, I will say YES to your coffee treat.
Tuhin: Common, I am paying the bill. And, yeah, you can order 1-2 burgers if you want. I know you will not say a “No”.
Trishna: (Smiling) Let’s go…anyway, I am hungry. I think, I will also have some sandwiches..
Tuhin: You have to pay for sandwiches. Seems, you are in a mood to punish me, aaj hi pocket money khatam ho jaayega (Seems I will have no pocket money left after this treat)..

In the canteen, Tuhin and Trishna talks as if they know each other since ages. They instantly strike a chord. Days pass, and slowly, Tuhin and Trishna become good friends. Even if there is no reason for them to talk, still they sit and talk about anything and everything in this world. Tuhin’s smile is enough for Trishna for her to bunk her lectures sometimes and go with Tuhin and enjoy paanipuris. Trishna never says “No” to Tuhin and Tuhin always makes Trishna comfortable. For Tuhin, Trishna is just a good FRIEND but for Trishna, Tuhin is just not a friend anymore. She realizes that feelings have started creeping for Tuhin but Tuhin unaware of Trishna’s feelings is eagerly waiting to give a surprise because he feels that Trishna is his best friend with whom he can share the biggest moment of his life…

3rd December 2008

On the other end, TAPISH takes over the GUPTA clan after his father’s death. He has not been to college in the last 4 months. Things suddenly takes a U-turn for Tapish and he has to look after his family, GUPTA empire and politics. He is unaware of the events in the college, about Trishna and Tuhin’s friendship. One thing which is in his agenda and keeping him occupied is to fight for a property in Kanpur. Tapish’s father always dreamt of using the property for building an university but it has been illegally occupied by one of the high profile politicians. Tapish immediately needs to leave for Kanpur to meet the lawyer who will be fighting his case.

Enters TRETYA JHA

Tretya Jha is one of the leading lawyers of the city. Smart, Intelligent and someone who can think and play her game wisely. She is one woman who hates to see “FAILURE” in her life. Young, energetic and shrewd at the sametime, Tretya knows to make the right moves at the right time.

5th December 2008, 11 am, Tretya’s Office

Tapish: May I come in??
Tretya: Sure, please
Tapish: I am Tapish Gupta….( suddenly tretya interrupts)
Tretya: Tapish gupta, 3rd year, Arts student, lucknow University, only son of late Tanishq Gupta, fighting for a property case against politician DHANESH TIWARI…
Tapish: (speechless) I am impressed…
Tretya: So am I.. have heard a lot about you. Pehle suna tha, aaj dekh bhi liya (I heard about you in the past, and now I have seen you too).
Tapish: I didn’t know I am so famous
Tretya: Some people don’t know their worth and some people think themselves priceless and powerful enough, Dhanesh Tiwari is on the latter side. We just have to exchange two places, bring you on the Priceless side of the game and make Dhanesh worthless. Elections are near and I can surely make a difference!!! DEAL???
Tapish: DEAL( with a smile on his face)
Tretya: Relax then, the hearing is after 5 days and Dhanesh is going to have a tough time. We will be meeting often to discuss the details of the case. Hope you don’t have a problem..
Tapish: My pleasure..See you….

Tapish and Tretya often meets regarding the case and slowly Tretya develops a liking for Tapish. For a strong woman like her, she needs a man who can support her and give her a mental high. Tapish is young, ambitious and has a rugged persona which surely charms Tretya. Apart from that, getting associated with the GUPTA empire is definitely an honor for every woman. Tretya has her plans intact. The only way she can win the trust of Tapish is to win his case. She puts her heart and soul into the case and puts every evidence in the court and confuse her opponent lawyer with her statements. Finally, Tapish wins the case and gets his property back.

25th December 2008

Tapish: Thanks a lot Tretya. Without your help, I don’t think, this would have been possible considering the intricacies of the case
Tretya: This calls for a celebration!!
Tapish: I have decided to arrange a grand party on 31st December and you are invited. Hoping to see you.
Tretya: Definitely!!!

Saying this, Tapish leaves and goes to his room. Laying on a sofa, something suddenly strikes his mind. yes, it’s definitely Trishna in his mind. He feels guilty of not being able to spend ample amount of time with Trishna and let her know about his feelings. He decides to convey her feelings on the party day itself and make her his partner for the rest of his life.

Mobile rings…..

Tuhin: Hello

Lady at the other end: Surprise!!!! I am coming to Lucknow on 31st Dec.
Tuhin: Wow!!! You don’t know how happy I am…
Lady at the othe end: Well, there is a big SURPRISE for you waiting….
Tuhin: You never know, I might surprise you that day..
Lady at the other end: Let’s see….and she hangs on…

FOUR FRAMES

1ST FRAME: TAPISH lying on sofa and dreaming of TRISHNA….

2nd FRAME: TRISHNA getting wet in the rain and playing in the mud with the ecstacy of TUHIN

3rd FRAME: TUHIN biking on lonely roads in the night thinking of TRETYA and dreaming of proposing her in the New Year night…

4th FRAME: TRETYA sipping wine in her room and thinking about her future with TAPISH…..

Everyone has a surprise to give to each other, so does their DESTINY…

(to be continued)

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. If any characters, places or incidents bears any resemblance to anyone, then it’s purely coincidental and unintentional.

No comments: