Monday, December 7, 2009

The Eyes that YEARN (Nayan Tarse)-Story-Part 2

3rd June 2008, 10 am, Lucknow University

As soon as Trishna enters the University, she can see a big crowd all over cheering and celebrating with placards having Tapish’s party symbol and Tapish’s name. She thinks to meet Tapish and wish him success. She heads towards the Literature Dept. Her eyes start searching Tapish but she can’t find him. She goes from one department to another but fails. With a disappointed face, she finally goes to her Psychology Dept. and enters the classroom and shocked to see Tapish sitting alone on the bench. As soon as Tapish sees her, there is a smile on his face and the same is with Trishna.

Trishna: You sitting here and I am searching you all over to congratulate you.
Tapish: You searching all over and I am waiting in your department to share my success with you. I OWE my success to you.
Trishna: Me?? (in a confused voice).
Tapish: I believe “Besides every successful man, there is a woman” and my lady luck is besides me. Yes, I won by a margin of 1 vote. I have a strong belief that it’s your vote which has made a difference.
Trishna: If that’s the case, I am happy
Tapish: Don’t you think we should celebrate??
Trishna: Yes, you can celebrate with your supporters…
Tapish: And, don’t you support me??
Trishna: I hardly know you. What’s so hurry?? She smiles, turns back, bids good bye and leaves finally…

3rd June 2008, 2pm, Psychology Dept., Lucknow University

Psychology professor asks all the students to meet anyone of their unknown classmates, talk/ question them for half an hour and prepare a Case Study on “How to read a human mind?”. This is a part of their Practicals. As soon as the students get ready to meet their “Unknown Classmate”, suddenly someone pats Trishna at her back saying “Shall we start Madam?” and as soon as Trishna turns her back, it’s TAPISH for her.

Tapish: Half an hour, ask me whatever you want. And, no more “I don’t know you” excuse in the future.
Trishna: Ohh, so, how did you manage to convince our Psychology professor?
Tapish: Your professor respects me a lot.
Trishna: And, what about you?
Tapish: Respect doesn’t come for everyone.
Trishna: He is not any Tom, Dick and Harry. He is our professor…
Tapish: Why are we discussing about your professor?? Remember, you have 20mins more to know me.

Suddenly, another boy comes and says, “Excuse me, are you Trishna??”

Trishna: Yes
Ameet: Hello, I am Ameet. The Professor has asked me to meet you for the Case Study.
Tapish: (with a high voice) Mit or whatever your name is, I am with her now. And, I am the subject of study.
Ameet: But…
Tapish: Look Ameet, you know who I am, right?? Leave the room or else you might have to face the consequences.
Trishna: Wait a min Tapish, you need not have to talk to him like that. I think there is some confusion and we need to sort it out.
Ameet: Trishna, I have less time with me. I think we should start as I have to attend a lecture within 15 mins.
Tapish: (Holding the collar of Ameet) You seem to be in too much of hurry.
Trishna: (in an angry voice) what are you doing Tapish? Leave him…

Suddenly, the professor comes and says “Leave Ameet”. Tapish looks back….

Professor: Principal immediately wants to meet you. So, I have asked Ameet to be with Trishna for the Case study.

Tapish: OK and he tries leaving…
Trishna: Atleast say SORRY to him, the least you can do is apologize to him.
Tapish: I am not at fault. And, he leaves…

Trishna is aghast to see Tapish’s behaviour. Days pass and Tapish makes all effort to befriend Trishna. Everytime they meet, Tapish impresses Trishna but some or the other incident happens because of which Trishna sees the other side of Tapish which leaves her in a confused state of mind. Trishna decides to remain calm and act normal with Tapish.

2nd August 2008, 10 am, Lucknow University

Monsoon starts and it’s raining cats and dogs. It’s mesmerizing to see greenery all over, children playing on streets in the rains, students hiding near the Chai shops and sipping hot tea with pakodas enjoying rains. Trishna enters the college with wet hair and an umbrella in her hand. Tapish sitting in a chai shop with his friends notices Trishna and mesmerized by her beauty. Wet hair, chunri covering her head, pink lips, Trishna avoiding the water clogged holes on the roads and slowly walking towards the college. Tapish decides to propose Trishna and he is confident that Trishna can’t say “No” to him.

2nd August 2008, 3 pm, Lucknow University

Trishna inside the Library studying and Tapish enters.

Tapish: Come along with me.
Trishna: Where??
Tapish: I will show you something outside.
Trishna: But, it’s raining outside, ok, let me take my umbrella….
Tapish: Leave the umbrella..
Tapish hold Trishna’s hand and close her eyes with his other hand.

It’s raining and they are completely drenched. Tapish takes away his hand, and Trishna opens her eyes…It’s a garden of roses, roses here, roses there, RED roses everywhere. It’s raining and the beauty of roses is there to see. But, Tapish is in awe of the beauty of Trishna, in RED salwar, she is nothing less than a rose today.

Trishna: Wow, it’s beautiful.
Tapish: Remember, today is FRIENDSHIP Day. So, I though to give you a surprise.
Trishna: Tapish, I love roses and this place is so beautiful. Saying this, she hugs him.
Tapish: Trishna, I want to say you something today….
Trishna: What??

Tapish plucking a rose from a plant and suddenly his mobile rings….

Tapish: Hello

The voice at the other end: Your father has expired, he got a severe heart attack, come home soon!!!

Tapish suddenly breaks down into tears. The day would have been the most beautiful day of his life had he proposed Trishna. Why this had to happen and that too he lost someone so precious, his father, the only person he respects in his life. Trishna tries to console Tapish, Tapish leaves saying “Didn’t knew the RED will change my life but I promise you this RED will have to weave another tale and it will come soon…”

Tapish starts his jeep, and leaves the University. While leaving he crosses a bike and suddenly splashes mud on the biker. The biker stops and shouts at Tapish. But, Tapish unaware of the incident leaves college. The biker takes out his helmet.
Enters, TUHIN MALKANI

Tuhin: Kya bhagwaan?? First day in college and my jacket is spoilt. Is saale ko toh main chhodoonga nahin (I will not leave this Idiot)
Tuhin to himself: No Tuhin, you should not be angry. Remember, you are a COOL guy!! Be cool with everyone and even your name means the same.
Saying this, he starts his bike and proceeds towards the college, but, unaware of a water clogged hole, he splashes mud into someone…He stops his bike, takes out his helmet and turns back. and sees Trishna trying to clean her churidaar…

Tuhin: Mar gaya!! (I AM DEAD)

(to be continued)

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. If any characters, places or incidents bears any resemblance to anyone, then it’s pure coincidental and unintentional.

No comments: