Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gifting a SMILE….

In a world occupied by billions, how many people manage to stay happy?? How many among the billions get a reason to smile? A world where everyday people suffer from diseases, poverty, lack of food, education and shelter, it’s difficult for them to stay happy and celebrate their life.

Someone truly said, “A little effort of ours can change someone’s life, even if it’s for a day or for some moments”, spreading happiness and gifting a smile on anyone’s face is the least we can do as humans and spread HUMANITY. One morning, I decided to take a step ahead making myself free from the shackles of selfish desires and make this world a beautiful place to stay. And with this one decision, I visited an NGO called “Aakanksha”, in Pune, which works for improving the life of few under-privileged children and believe me, that was the HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE because I gifted a smile on someone’s face, my little friends.




WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY





And, when I returned from Aakanksha, I had tears in my eyes for the simple reason, for the first time in my life I had done something for those small children in my own little ways.That one day changed my whole life, needless to mention, I understood the real meaning of “HUMANITY”. I have believed that every step that we take to help anyone, may be our friends, family or strangers at the time of their need and bring a smile on their face is a small step towards making this world a beautiful place. From that day onwards, I have visited few orphanages and old age homes in Pune and everytime I have been there, it has made me a better human being.

Now that I am going back to Pune, I am excited to meet my little friends again. Indeed, this life would have been so meaningless, if I would not have taken the decision of visiting an NGO. A life full of selfish desires and endless greed is an apathetic life and I am happy to be away from it.

So, the next time, when you wake up in the morning and suddenly something of this sort stuck your mind, don’t be late in your decision. You never know, your presence can change someone’s life.

GIFT A SMILE and TAKE A STEP TOWARDS HUMANITY!!!

No comments: