Thursday, June 24, 2010

I AM.....

On sunday, I was watching the “I AM-SHE Contest” on Television, organized by India’s first Miss Universe, the dignified and beautiful Sushmita Sen for choosing the Indian Contendor for this year’s Miss Universe Contest to be held at Las Vegas and suddenly a beautiful thought came across my mind…

Every single day, I have questioned myself about the reason for my existence and identity and I am sure it would have happened to most of you. The very reason for your being on this earth is stilll questionable to yourself. Every single day, I have to struggle relating myself to different people in my life whom I meet at different crossroads. I am Ashutosh, I am a bengali, I am an Indian, I am a Hindu and the list goes on.…Life becomes very difficult sometimes to give myself a new identity everyday and in turn come across innumerable people like me.

As Sushmita Sen puts it ” World would be a beautiful place to stay if we believe in just “I AM”, no Ashutosh, no bengali, no hindu, nothing…but just a simple I AM“….The chaos, struggle, battles, confusions can be put to rest simply by eliminating everything that comes after “I AM”. “I am” is enough for all people in this world to survive and relate to each other. Every child is born with the same flesh and same blood but we human beings being the selfish lot, show those two innocent eyes the difference between a HINDU and a MUSLIM, make their little ears hear “the best of our religion and hatred towards others” and that’s where the very identity of that little child becomes questionable.

I am is what I am born to be, and that is a HUMAN BEING and continue to be a HUMAN BEING…Forgetting all the other things, I AM a part of HUMAN RACE who believe in HUMANITY and work towards leveraging the lives of other HUMANS..Isn’t that enough???

This is my guest entry to TONMOY DREAM LABS , a very dear friend of mine who has created an INDIVIDUALITY of himself and given a platform for bringing the best ideas together of the same human race and help everyone learn and gain knowledge…

1 comment:

Linda Onita Hardin-Atkins said...

www.strategicpublishinggroup.com
isbn:978-1-60911-248-6
Press release: April 19,2010

metaphysics and mysticism has taken me to a place of love, humility and respect for "I AM"

Thanks!