Tuesday, December 9, 2008

MARRIAGE Mania!!

With all grandeur, people are excited about my marriage. Everyone is waiting for my marriage with bated breath, the reason being, me the youngest of my family, well-settled, MBA with a good profile and a not-so-bad salary. The who’s who in my family are extremely concerned about the kind of girl, for some, she would be a sari clad “TULSI” from Kyunki fame and for some, she would be a mixture of traditional and modern and for some, a village girl who would be extremely cultured and for my friends, well, some still thinks, I will marry the girl whom I used to love though she’s married now and for some, I will, the moment section 377 is scrapped in India. Bizarre, but true, there have been lot of “bull and bear” expectations set on my marriage sensex. The excitement barometer rises high, every time a cousin of mine gets married or I get a new job. The “MARRCONOMICS” clearly states that to have a family afloat, a boy should get married to a girl or vice versa, work a night with dedication and stay happily, clueless for the next few months till suddenly you hear a “cry” in the hospital chambers, and then you decide the goal of your life and the amount of money you need to make till you are 50 depending on the “CREATION OF GOD”. For every person, the plot is nearly the same except the “here and there” incidents added or removed in order to make the picture look different from others. Life is no less beautiful than a Yash Chopra movie where the guy and girl with certain ambitions at some point of time suddenly forgets everything to find their love, can go any extreme to have their love in their life, forget career and ambitions, what ultimate matters is a life filled with punchlines like “Love will find a way”, “Someone, somewhere is made for you” blah, blah, blah and who else other than my sister knows it to the core and then an extravagant Sooraj Barjatya marriage is set where the couple gets married and happily stay ever after, sad, but it doesn’t work for me. The fascination of getting married has still not got on my nerves not, because I don’t want to get married but because, I don’t want to get married at the cost of my dreams and ambitions. I have never built fences around my life and have believed to live it with the beauty of boundarylessness of life. A child is certainly a gift of god, but for me, not necessarily when it has your own blood running in his/her body. For me, marriage is as sacred as worshipping god but more than that even if you emotionally bond with a person with respect even when not married is more sacred than anything else. But, my dreams have no roof in the society for I would be tagged as an “Ultra-Selfish” person who doesn’t value the dream of his parents.

So, let the euphoria continues, let someone else’s dream be fulfilled, the one who would be associated to me on the marriage night, let the friends dance and have all the fun to see one of their good friends getting wedded, let my parents see their reflection in me and my partner, LET THE MARRIAGE MANIA continues……

No comments: