Friday, October 22, 2010

A City....

Away from buzzing life of the city, I took some time to introspect. Why am I cribbing going to Kolkata?? Places never really mattered to me, I have travelled and stayed almost in all the cosmos and metros like Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi but every time I leave Pune, there is a sense of dissatisfaction. Truly said, a city is a city because of its people. A city is a home because of someone special who resides in that city and our life run parallel to theirs. Not necessarily, I feel for something only if I stay… I have a special attachment with Mumbai and I have a special attachment with Hyderabad too. Pune is a place where I completed my education, it’s a place which is responsible for my transition from a boy to a man, it’s a place where I struggled for a life, it’s a place where I have gained identity.

Everything has been said, repeated and exhausted, there is nothing much to say about the cities…every breathe that we take weave a new tale and become an experience of sorts. Conscious or unconscious, everytime, we talk about cities, we end of talking about people. They are the ones who make your life memorable in a city. For Pune, I owe it to two of my good friends, without whom Pune would not have been Pune for me. Every single day that I have spent here is a tribute to our takes of friendship, whether it’s waking up early morning after a booz in the night to catch up an early morning show at e-square to save money or roaming around in the lanes of pune enjoying a nightout in cold December night. Whether it’s lazily lying around on the sofas on CCD and discussing people or painting the town red and purple with shopping!!! I might have mighty hated Chennai but then I have someone in my life today because of Chennai, I might have a harrowing experience in Mumbai, but then, it’s Mumbai who helped me identify true friends in my life.

Every city comes with someone special in your life. Every city brings a new hope in the form of someone who helps realize the importance of your life. Being a vagabond, I have had the best experience that a life can offer in the form of people. It’s people who makes and it’s the people who breaks…

Kolkata…I am coming!! In an unknown journey, the only thing I expect is to find that someone who can be a reason for me to be in KOLKATA….

1 comment:

Gem of Gemini said...

It is not just about a city...it is one's life which is shaped up and guided by 'people' who become part of it at some point of time...