Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Failure teaches you which Success Can’t??

This is not something taken directly from the pages of a certain Robin or Khera but from someone who have seen failures, or things which people consider as a failure….

For Cancer Survivor, Lisa Ray, breathing moments was not that easy when she got diagnosed with bone marrow cancer. For a celebrity like her, it was almost a failure of life after a string of success. But then, today, when she has successfully battled and defeated death, she knows the importance of life and love…as she says , “Love is an action. It’s not a feeling. And its not love until there’s evidence of action….”…..how true….It’s during these moments, you test the real people and get to know whether they actually love you and have the courage to stand besides you…Failure sometimes teaches you the importance of love or to differentiate between the fake and loved ones….

I remember, while sitting idle for 1.5 months without jobs, almost everyone of them whom I used to consider as my friends turned their back…being “jobless” is still considered as a heinous crime, a shame…and I was not “Jobless” by choice, it was by destiny….

Everytime, I used to feel low, I simply used to take a trip to Juhu Beach….Believe me, those 45 days of failure has taught a lot to me…it has taught me to remain unaffected by both success and failure, it has taught me to be compassionate for there are others who are less fortunate than me, it has taught me to value every moment of my life and most important, it has taught me to celebrate every small success that we human beings forget to recognize with the desire of achieving something great…..

“When you fail, you learn” is a passe….I would say, “Experience Failure with Elan” for there is something more you achieve than just learning, “You achieve SUCCESS of tackling a FAILURE“…

People do ask me about my success…How am I successful in my life inspite of having so many failures in my life??…I say, I am successful….I have a family who are proud of me being the person I am, I am associated with some NGOs and donate a part of my earnings to them, I have friends for whom I have been a mentor, I have associated myself with a lot of activities, I am an orator, dancer, writer…..Now, if at all success can be quantified, then my inner happiness is the answer to my success and if at all I can quantify my failures, then, I attribute the “HUMANITY” in me to my failures….

Having said that, I end this piece of writing saying..”I fail only to succeed“……

1 comment:

Gem of Gemini said...

Is it true? Have you really learnt from your failures? Compare your 1.5 months of joblessness with 1.5 years of same for someone...try evaluating yourself on your standards of friendship, for once! Or may be your blogs are 'real' work of fiction, from every angle.