Monday, November 30, 2009

Corporate HARAMKHORI!!!

After the super success of Main HARAMKHOR, it’s time for me to talk more about “HARAMKHORI” AND THIS TIME, I will talk about CORPORATE HARAMKHORI. And, I am dead sure, all of you sometime in you life must have done such haramkhori. And, it’s true that Corporate HARAMKHORI is a part of Corporate Politics which I learnt in my first organization, thanks to my colleagues!! I dedicate this song to all you people who are proud to have done Corporate Haramkhori in their life…

“Kabhi Dagabaaz, Kabhi Qatil, Kabhi Chor,
Mere Yaar, Sab ke Sab Haramkhor!!!”

Fresh out of MBA college, I indeed had no idea of what organization culture is, how things works out, team dynamics etc. etc…and being with HSBC, I tried my best to create a good image of myself!! But, then destiny had its own plans. During Durga Puja, I had to go home and needed a leave for 7 days, that’s one time of the year when my entire family gathers. So, when I approached my manager for a leave, he said ” Ashutosh, you are on probation for 6 months and as per the company policy, you cannot take leave..so, sorry!!” But then, I am one among those who belives in breaking the rules and policies. Bhagwaan Krishna ne toh nahin, lekin kisine toh kaha hai, “Agar ghee sidhi ungli se naa nikle, ungli tedhi karo”. And, BANG comes the IDEA!!! And, remember, ek IDEA aapki zindagi badal sakti hai…

I approached my manager and then the conversation began…

HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: Pushkar, I need a leave as I am getting engaged….
Pushkar: What?? A 22 year old guy fresh out of college not even settled in his life getting engaged???
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: Yes, you know it’s a LOVE Marriage actually and the girl’s parents are adamant to get me engaged with their daughter
Pushkar: Why, don’t they trust you??
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: They do, it’s just that, it’s a good time, Durga Puja and my wife completing her MBBS degree..so…
Pushkar: Ohh wow, so, your would-be is a doctor??? What’s her name??
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: Err…ROSALIN (who actually is my sister’s best friend, who is a doctor, already married and 4 months pregnant) :)
Pushkar: Best of luck!! Leave GRANTED…..

So, you see, yeh jhooth bolne wali baat hamesha kaam kar jaati hai!! And, trust me, when Rosalin actually heard my story, she had mixed reactions, more than anything, she was happy for me. Now, the biggest question, now that I am engaged, where’s the RING???

And, my father said me, “Don’t you worry son, here is your Engagement RING”
HARAM KHOR Papu( that’s my nick name): Baba, are you out of your mind. This is some gold ring related to astrology, with a big green colour EMERALD. It doesn’t even look close to an engagement ring
Papa: Did I say you to lie?? If you lied once, I am sure you can lie again…BEST OF LUCK

Back in Office

Pushkar: Congratz!! Ashutosh…where are the sweets??
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: At my desk..will distribute soon
Pushkar: Ohh, i can see something dazzling on your finger
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh:Oh yeah, that’s my Engagement Ring..
Pushkar (shocked): Is that your Engagement Ring??
HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: Yeah, Pushkar, bad luck you see. My astrologer said there are some problems in my Kundali and all because of which my marriage cannot happen within 2 years, so he suggested me this emerald ring to wear it on the same finger where I was wearing my engagement ring..and, you cannot wear two rings in one finger. I had to take out my engagement ring…
Pushkar: That’s sad.. anyway, congratulations again!!

So, you see, Corporate HARAMKHORI work wonders!! Time and again, destiny challenged me, made me hone my haramkhori skills, especially HR Interviews where I lie so nicely that HR actually becomes my fan!! Typical haramkhori answers are like….

1. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now??

HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: Definitely, in your organization in a senior management position. I think I would be able to contribute a lot to your organization with my past experiences and the learning I will have in your organization

(Actual Answer: Will you be able to tolerate me for 5 years??)

2. Why do you want to leave your current job??

HARAMKHOR Ashutosh: I have always loved my current organization because of the challenges I faced here and the things I learnt. But, down the line, I see your organization as a stepping stone for my career path and I am sure I would be able to make a difference since the job profile and my expertise resembles a lot and being the creative person I am, I think, I will just not be a regular employee but a value addition to your organization!!

(Actual Answer: Man, your organization is ready to pay me, big brand, what do I want in my life??)

So, Corporate HARAMKHORI has no substitute. It’s the skill which comes by experience. Having attended numerous interviews in my life, now, I don’t get rejected by any Interviewer because of the well prepared HARAMKHORI…

So, the next time, you think of enhancing your skills like JAVA, .NET, Business Analysis, Domain Knowledge,Communication Skills, do think of enhancing one more skill too, HARAMKHORI!!!!

No comments: